- 1A person engaged or qualified in a profession:professionals such as lawyers and surveyors
- 1.1A person engaged in a specified activity, especially a sport, as a main paid occupation rather than as a pastime:his first season as a professional
- 1.2 A person competent or skilled in a particular activity:she was a real professional on stage
- 1.Relating to or belonging to a profession
- 1.1Worthy of or appropriate to a professional person; competent, skilful, or assured:
- 2 Engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as an amateur:a professional boxer
- 1 A paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification:his chosen profession of teaching
Origin Middle English : via Old French from Latinprofessio(n-), from profiteri 'declare publicly' (see profess). sense 1 derives from the notion of an occupation that one ‘professes’ to be skilled in.
Ok so we know that a professional Reborn Artist HAS to BE
Established in the Art of Reborning
Assured by a competent body Or federation to be not only skilled at what they do but also have there best interests in there consumers /customers and the like .
An established ARTIST will no doubt be known to other Artists within the profession he /she is Qualified in .
Just because you have sold your work doesnt make you a professional .